- Lipomedix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. completed LIPORAD-2018 (NCT03823989), a multi-center, open-label, single-arm, prospective study, in patients requiring RT for metastatic disease or for an inoperable primary tumor with no definitive curative treatment option. The clinical study report (CSR) was released (January 2022).
- May 2021: The European Patent Office has granted Lipomedix patent (#3270898) entitled "Methods for the Treatment of Bladder Cancer".
- March 2021: The Japanese Patent Office has granted Lipomedix patent (#6859275) entitled "Methods for the Treatment of Bladder Cancer".
- Lipomedix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. received the Israeli Ministry of Health clearance to launch a Phase 1b clinical trial testing the safety, tolerability and efficacy of Promitil® delivered in combination with the FOLFOX chemotherapy containing two cytotoxic drugs, a fluopyrimidine (5FU) and oxaliplatin for the treatment of advanced gastrointestinal cancers. The study (Promifox) is conducted by investigator at Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Israel (January 2021).
- November 2020: Lipomedix Pharmaceuticals has been awarded the Seal of Excellence for the project " A unique ‘smart’ nanomedicine for a safer and more effective chemo-radiotherapy" submitted under the Horizon 2020’s SME Instrument call H2020-EIC-SMEInst-2018-2020 (H2020-EIC-SMEInst-2018-2020-3) in the area of EIC-SMEInst-2018-2020.
- August 2020: The European Patent Office has granted Lipomedix patent (# 3151863) entitled "Combination Therapy Comprising A Liposomal Prodrug of Mitomycin C and Radiotherapy"
- April 2020: The USPTO has granted Lipomedix patent (#10617672) entitled " Liposome Composition Co-Encapsulating Doxorubicin and A Prodrug of Mitomycin C".
- Lipomedix Pharmaceuticals has been awarded the SME Horizon 2020 Phase 1 grant for the project: Promitil® - a new ‘smart’ nanomedicine for cancer chemo-radiotherapy. (July 1, 2019).
- Lipomedix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. announces the FDA clearance of its IND application to launch a randomized Phase 2b clinical trial of Promitil for the treatment of patients with previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer (Oct 2018).
- Lipomedix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. announces the Israeli Ministry of Health clearance to launch a Phase 1b clinical trial of Promitil in combination with external beam radiotherapy in patients with advanced cancer requiring palliative radiotherapy for inoperable primary tumors or metastatic disease. The study (Liporad-18) will be launched soon and conducted by investigators in two Medical Centers in Israel (Nov 2018).
- September 2018: Lipomedix received the approval of a new USPT Patent Application (#10,080,807) for the combined use of Promitil with other chemotherapy entitled "Combination Chemotherapy Comprising a Liposomal Prodrug of Mitomycin C".
- April 2018: Lipomedix received the approval of a new USPT Patent Application (#9937261) for the combined use of Promitil with Radiotherapy entitled “Combination Therapy Comprising a Liposomal Prodrug of Mitomycin C and Radiotherapy”.
- July-2016: News release from UNC-Chapel Hill Cancer Center on a joint paper with Lipomedix on animal studies with Promitil and radiotherapy (http://unclineberger.org/news/wang-radiation)
- May 2016: Lipomedix received a 2 million NIS grant from the Israel Chief Scientist Office for the funding of the project “Development of Promitil a pegylated liposomal MMC- prodrug”.
- Poster entitled "Pegylated liposomal mitomycin C lipidic prodrug and radiotherapy in advanced cancer patients (pts) – a Phase 1B study" will be presented at the ESTRO 2022 meeting, May 6-10, 2022, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Dr. Alberto Gabizon, President and Chief Scientist of Lipomedix, lectured at 12th European and Global Summit for Nanomedicine (CLINAM 2020) in Basel, Switzerland, October 26-28, 2020, on “Pharmacokinetic and Clinical Correlations of Pegylated Liposomal Mitomycin?c Prodrug (Promitil) in Colorectal Cancer Patients” (http://conference.clinam.org/).
- Dr. Alberto Gabizon, President and Chief Scientist of Lipomedix, lectured at the Liposome Research Days 2019 Conference in Sapporo, Hokkaido , Japan, September 15-18, 2019 (http://www.knt.co.jp/ec/2019/LRD2019/index.html) on "Promitil® - a lipidic prodrug of mitomycin c in liposomes From bench to bedside"
- Poster entitled “Clinical and pharmacokinetic study with a lipidic prodrug of mitomycin-c entrapped in liposomes in metastatic colorectal cancer patients” presented at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), annual meeting, Monday Apr 1, 2019 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Atlanta, Georgia, US
Lipomedix is majority owned by Rafael Holdings, Inc. We are always seeking additional funding from private investors or investment groups for advancing the clinical development of Promitil®, and for further developing its pipeline. Prospective investors are invited to meet with the Company’s management team to discuss an investment in the Company.